Monday, April 21, 2014

No, it's not your imagination

Sometimes long breaks result in damaged campuses.

But not this year. Not in this District.

Over both Winter and Spring breaks, GESD Risk Manager Rod Petricek reported that the District did not have any occurrences of vandalism.

According to Superintendent Joe Quintana, kudos are due to the entire administrative team, teachers and other employees for shifting the culture as it relates to student discipline and how we view and serve our students.


“Although I firmly believe in what we are doing in the area of culture and climate, I was a bit conservative in my optimism when we did not have any vandalism during the winter break,” Quintana said. “Although in my heart, I chose to believe there is a direct correlation, I chose to be tempered in my enthusiasm. Now that we had similar results during the spring break, this is definitely not an accident or good luck.  This a direct result of the great work you and your teams are doing at the school sites with the students we serve.  Thank you for the time and effort you continue to devote to this area.”

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much Mr. Quintana for all that you do and especially for taking the time to express your appreciation... It means a lot to me as a teacher to be included in the reason for positive outcomes on my campus. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete